Sappers Network Ltd is the Corps of Royal Engineers’ own employment support service and network for Regulars, Reservists, Veterans and Retired
Sappers Network has been established by the Corps to help you to find employment and to assist with your transition when you decide to leave the Army. The focus is on you, the Sapper, whether you are a regular, a reservist, a veteran or have retired from active service. We have links with employers, both large and small, across many industry sectors, who recognise the skills that you have and are keen to employ you.
Sappers Network is run by Sappers for the benefit of Sappers
Sappers Network Ltd has the following objectives:
- To provide an employment support service to match RE Service Leavers, Reserves and Veterans with the needs of industry
- To support retention through the provision of future employment opportunities
- To enhance the Corps’ influence and reputation with industry and the wider population
- To develop additional revenue for the RE Central Charitable Trust
Sappers Network Ltd is a private limited company wholly owned by the Royal Engineers Central Charitable Trust (Registered Charity No 1003032) and is governed by a Board of Directors appointed by the Corps.
Sappers Network Ltd is Registered in England number 10829849 with VAT registered number 282 4596 73.
The Board of Directors comprises:
Corps Colonel RE (ex-officio)
Corps Colonel Reserves RE (ex-officio)
Corps Sergeant Major RE (ex-officio)
Bob Lisle is the Business Development Manager who is responsible for liaising with employers and he is the first point of contact for employers who are seeking to fill roles.
Fiona Louch is the Employment Coordinator who is responsible for our candidate database and she is the first point of contact for Sappers seeking employment.
Why do we need Sappers Network?
Keith Cima CB, Chairman RE Marketing Steering Group, writes:
Sappers Network has been established to help Sappers of all ranks and trades to make the transition from military service, whether Regular or Reserve, into their civilian careers. It seeks to complement the general support provided by the MoD’ s Career Transition Partnership with specific support tailored to the Royal Engineers. However, Sappers Network will continue to provide support to Sappers at any stage in their careers and we hope that Veterans will use the service as much as those who are currently serving.
There are many benefits to be gained from Sappers Network:
- It is the right thing to do for our people
- It aids recruitment as children and relatives of our Veterans see that we care for our people in the long term
- It is retention positive as our soldiers know that they will get help to find work when the time comes
- It will provide income for the Royal Engineers’ charitable funds
- It works closely with other Corps entities including the Royal Engineers Association to provide whole life support to the Corps community
I am delighted that this initiative has come to fruition as part of the wider Corps Marketing Strategy. Please use it!