Sappers Network Aims to:
- Add direct value to our people and industry by matching industry’s manpower requirements to job seeking members of the Corps community through specific expertise and knowledge of the skills and market relevance of our people.
- Generate sufficient revenue to cover costs and provide what the Corps needs to fund non-public activities above current funding.
- Signpost to the REA where necessary the need for philanthropic support
- Provide an additional support mechanism to, but not replace, the MOD’s Career Transition Partnership (CTP).
- Signpost to, and if necessary work with, other players in this space without replicating existing provision.
- Encourage retention, through the chain of command and RCMOs, in order that serving Sappers maximize during their service future employment qualifications and experience – secure in the knowledge that at the end of their service SNL exists, in addition to CTP, to help them into employment.
Services on Offer.
As part of a professional employment service, SNL will:
- Match our people’s skills and experience to employers’ requirements through the creation and maintenance of a database of individuals, their CVs and extant job opportunities.
- Provide advice to companies on RE competencies, which are well documented internally, but less well understood by employers.
And, in addition, where appropriate and able:
- Provide links to training providers, other job agencies and to Corps’ organisations (REA – particularly for benevolence – Institution, RE CPD).
- Provide advice on training and interviews.
- Provide advice on CVs.
- Give guidance on employment suitability.
HOW DOES IT WORK
- Candidates will submit their CVs online and complete a questionnaire.
- The CV will be reviewed and amended if necessary.
- Candidate interviews will be conducted where necessary.
- The finished CV will be stored on the database and turned into a Safe CV (no contact details attached).
The SNL team will then:
- Contact the company to discuss the Job Specification and candidate pool.
- Match candidates to Job Specifications using ‘Influence’, which has the capability to initiate this process automatically.
- Produce a short list for the company following discussion with candidates.
- Forward the short list to the company.
The SNL team will also, where appropriate and within capacity:
- Signpost additional support.
- Assist with individual applications.
- Refer benevolent needs to the REA.